Sandwell Advocacy held its second Local Cancer Champions Board Meeting on the 7th August, and has been overwhelmed with the attendance which comprised of a range of representatives from a variety of clinical, health and social care backgrounds, together with older people affected by a diagnosis of cancer. Since the first meeting the LCCB has agreed our Terms of Reference, Referral and Access Criteria and discussed arrangements for our formal project launch on 26th September 2014.
This combination of people, experiences and organisations will provide Sandwell’s Cancer Older People and Advocacy Project with invaluable knowledge, creativity and experience.
The purpose of the LCCB is to bring together these individuals in order to:
- Provide support in promoting and publicising the work of the Project.
- Provide guidance and advice on the general strategic direction of the Project.
- Provide specific strategic recommendations for the successful delivery of the project as required.
- Through a range of strategies, seek to secure the longer term sustainability of the Sandwell’s Cancer Older People and Advocacy Project.
- Share the learning and outcomes of the Project amongst the broadest range of beneficiaries and users.
- Ensure that relevant information regarding the Project is disseminated as broadly as possible at local, regional and national levels.
A representative from our LCCB is elected at each meeting to attend the National Cancer Champions Board.
Dave Bradshaw, Project Co-ordinator, Sandwell Advocacy
If you wish to know more please contact us:
Tel: 0121 520 8070
Volunteer Enquiries: Volunteering@sandwelladvocacy.org